Do You Know the Most Common Application for an RIBU1C from Functional Devices?
The most common application for the RIBU1C
turning on a 120V indoor blower fan from a 24V household thermostat!
And, we've got step-by-step instructions for you right here:
Visit CCI's online store to see all the RIB Relays we carry. Make sure to create an account so that you see your special industry pricing when you log-in.
- Turn off Thermostat and Circuit Breaker (at electric panel)
- Connect Wht/Blu wire to G terminal of Thermostat
- Connect Wht/Yel wire to C or Comm terminal of Thermostat
- Connect ORG wire to 120 Vac line voltage (from electrical panel breaker feed)
- Connect YEL wire to 120 Vac input of Fan
- Connect Neutral wire from Neutral Bus to Neutral input of Fan
- Individually cap off unused wires using wire nuts (Wht/Blk, Blu wires)
- Double-check wiring
- Turn on Circuit Breaker
- Set Thermostat to turn on Fan